Proper ideal $I$ of commutative ring with unity $R$, is unique maximal ideal of $R$ if $u$ is unit of $R\ \forall u \in I^{c} \cap R$.

$R$ : commutative ring with unity, $I$ : proper ideal of R.
Assume that $a \in R$ is unit $\forall a \notin I$.

Let's first show that $I$ should be maximal ideal of $R$.
We already know that ideal with unit could never be proper ideal. So we can conclude that $I$ never contains any unit element in $R$. Since that every element outside of $I$ is unit, any ideal of $R$ which properly containing $I$, must have unit of $R$. Which implies $I$ is maximal ideal by definition.

Next, we need to prove that $I$ is the unique maximal ideal of $R$. Obviously, any proper ideal of $R$ must be in $I$. Therefore, $I$ is the only maximal ideal.




댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Proof of well-known 'Intersection Of Three Planes' formula.

Linux에서 특정한 디렉토리가 차지하는 용량을 효율적이고, 빠르게 계산하는 법(Fast, efficient way to calculate directory size recursively on linux)

영화 'Call me by your name'의 OST 중 'Visions of Gideons' 번역 및 해석